What do you mean, there's two sides to every story?

posted by Jory on Monday, May 18, 2009

SPOILER ALERT - If you have not read the Twilights yet, do not proceed.

Seriously guys. I warned you.
I was thinking about New Moon, the next part of the Twilight Saga which is currently filming. I am re-reading the series and I was reminded that Edward is not in about 90% of the book.

Now, knowing the crazy fame of Robert Pattinson, I am going to project that the filmmakers are going to find some way to squeeze in more screen time for him.

You know, make the girls happy and what not.

Anyways, the most likely scenario for them working this out without changing the story would be to show what he's doing wherever he is while he's away from Bella.

This bothers me to no end.

First of all, I believe we were only given one side of the story for a reason. Meyer wanted us to experience everything (in the first two books anyway) through Bella's eyes. She has shown that she is capable of switching perspectives, yet she didn't in New Moon and never from Edward's perspective in the series. So we shouldn't get that side forced upon us in the film, no matter how "hot" RPattz is.

(Love the haircut, though.)

Secondly, the book is already too long for them to fit everything in. Remember what happened to the first film? It cut out way too much. And it's only going to be worse if they are adding things in that aren't even IN the book.

Well, that's my rant. I'm done. For now.

0 comments:

 

jo writes the blog Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos