It's a Toss Up

posted by Jory on Monday, February 07, 2011
Two weeks ago the Bears lost to the Packers at the championship. Tonight, the Packers went on to win the Super Bowl game. I was unsure of who I'd be rooting for since I don't like the Packers on principle (Bears fan) and, though I believe the Steelers are a better team, I am not a big fan of Roethlisberger (for obvious reasons.) However, I found myself cheering on the Steelers throughout the game and was let down when they lost. Not so much because I cared more about them, but because I really thought there was no way they would lose to the Packers.

(I did hear rumors that the Steelers were out partying a lot this week, so maybe that contributes, but they played a good game in the second half).

I was less impressed with the half time show. I'm not a big fan of the Black Eyed Peas and was even less a fan of Fergie's sparkly shoulder pads. Slash's appearance provided some redemption for the show but I can imagine the shame he must have felt to allow Fergie to butcher "Sweet Child of Mine." Usher's appearance was pretty cool, he maybe could have pulled his pants up a little more, but I'm honestly surprised we didn't see the Beiber pop up as well.

Anywho, I had a little Super Bowl party and I just have to say, I love my friends. Good food, good company, and an overall good game (even though I'm now going to have to put up with smug Packer fans until the end of time).

By the way, a coworker of mine had $1500 riding on the Steelers. Sucks to be him right about now, wouldn't ya say?

Black and yellow, black and yellow, black and yellow.

0 comments:

 

jo writes the blog Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos