le français and Book Lists

posted by Jory on Wednesday, January 28, 2009
Yesterday was a much better day. Not that French had anything to do with it. (Though I did at least understand a little more...). I visited Scribd.com for some grammar help and found a nice little workbook that I can practice on. This website is excellent, because you can find documents such as the one I found last night - the piano sheet music for Bella's Lullaby.

I for sure have a place to live after I graduate. I also picked up an application to teach at a school. I'm not setting my hopes high on that one, but I do happen to know that one of the teachers will be going on maternity leave and they will need to fill her position. It's worth a shot.


I am once again TAing for a professor in my department. However, my work for her is more in line of an administerial assistant. She is a literary agent in addition to being a professor. For me, this is the best of both worlds, because I can finish my degree in film while at the same time learning some of the inner workings of the publishing biz. My first assignmet for her is to read a book written by one of her clients and write coverage. I breezed through four chapters last night in the bathtub.


So now I start my book list for my novel writing class. They are supposed to be books that we haven't read before, but I feel that I should start with Size 12 Is Not Fat by Meg Cabot. I will re-read it, and this time I will read it from the perspective of a writer. So here is my list so far:

1. Size 12 Is Not Fat by Meg Cabot

2. Remember Me by Sophie Kinsella

3. Bridget Jones's Diary by Helen Fielding (this counts! Yeah, I've seen the movie, but I haven't read the book...)

4. Sex and the City by Candace Bushnell

5. Bras and Broomsticks by Sarah Mlynowski

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Especially if you can think of any chick-lit mysteries, since that is the genre I intend to write.

2 comments:

Jenni on 30/1/09 8:17 PM said...

Are you talking about writing chick lit mystery like Mary Higgins Clark? She's old school, but that's what it sounds like.

Aunt Bev used to give me a book by her for my birthday every year.

jo on 31/1/09 12:47 PM said...

No, not like Mary Higgins Clark. More like Size 12 is Not Fat. So far I haven't been able to find anything.

 

jo writes the blog Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos