The Wolf's Out of the Bag

posted by Jory on Friday, November 20, 2009
I just got back from seeing New Moon. I know, I know, I'm a little late in the game, but I didn't have anyone to see it with me at midnight so I went by myself after work today. I walked in during the middle of the Sherlock Holmes trailer. Good thing I've already seen it about 50 times twice.

I hadn't seen, however, the trailer for Remember Me and I have to say, I think I will like RPattz better in that than in Twilight. Not that I don't like him in the Twilight Saga, its just the whole monotone, emotionless, not-quite-sure-if-I'm-getting-the-American-accent thing. (Although the accent was much improved in New Moon.) His character in Remember Me - at least what I can tell from the trailer - has a lot more emotion and passion.

Okay. So let me start from the beginning. I loved New Moon. I liked Twilight because of its addictive nature and its amazing soundtrack. But I have to say that the production quality, the acting, the music, the action...pretty much everything was stepped up on New Moon. Props to director Chris Weitz.

If you haven't read the book, you really shouldn't be reading this post. It's not as much a review as a list of things I liked about it.

I sat in the packed theater, by myself, with my little notebook, feeling surprisingly giddy at everything going on. Here are some of the things I took note of.
1. Billy Burke is heartbreakingly adorable as Charlie Swan.
2. The soundtrack is phenomenal. P.H.E.N.O.M.E.N.A.L.
3. The low camera angles were brilliant. They made Jacob look even larger than he already is.
4. Jasper's talents finally were made known in the films. Thank you!
5. Every character was much more sympathetic. Personalities actually became apparent. This is important to me.
6. It was funny. Really. I was laughing out loud at some parts. Mike Newton? "Gotta get that protein in there." And Jasper? "It'd be nice not to want to kill you all the time."
7. I love the dynamic between Bella and the Cullens.
8. The break up scene is tragic. I mean, really, I felt it. And the film-Bella is so much stronger than the book-Bella. You expect the book-Bella to collapse because her entire world (which she has stupidly revolved solely on Edward) has just ended, but it's so much harder to see the film-Bella, with her fire and spunk, battle that kind of darkness.
9. The movie scene was totally awkward. It was delicious. And the hand-holding? Awwww.
10. When I saw some set-photos I was a little weary of Rachelle's hair. But it was SOOO pretty.
And finally,
11. The sequence right before the jump was amazing. I want to kiss the editor. But not really.

I have to say, I love Jacob. And a big part of me wishes those two crazy kids could just make it work. But I know that Bella would never be truly happy without her Edward and so I do feel that she belongs with him. But it sure would be great if everyone could JUST GET ALONG. There. I said it. I can go now.

Can't wait for Eclipse!

0 comments:

 

jo writes the blog Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos