A Linktastic - What I'm Thankful For: besides the obvious, of course

posted by Jory on Tuesday, November 25, 2008

  • people wiping out when trying to make it through the turnstiles at work (I have to explain this one. We have turnstiles to let people into my school's library, and they have to swipe their ID cards to let them pass. People often just try to walk right through and will get rejected. It's pretty hilarious. I've seen people flip, and I've seen some guys hurt their you know whats. Basically I've seen it all. Though it can sometimes get really hard to maintain a professional manner and hold my laughter. Ah schadenfreude.)
  • the holiday cups at Starbucks
  • pumpkin seed granola cereal
  • the new Half Blood Prince trailer (have you seen it, it looks like it has the best cinematography of all of them! And Daniel and Rupert are so funny!)
Ok, so I could watch it over and over again. The music is amazing. So I'm thankful for Nicholas Hooper as well I guess. If the movie is as good as the trailer looks I think I will cry with happiness.
    (I should take a moment here to note that I consider myself a connessoir of movie trailers. I study them. For a while I wanted to make them - yeah, kind of like Cameron Diaz's character in The Holiday, but whatevs).

    My favorite trailer is one for Atonement, but this new Half Blood Prince trailer is challenging it. I think the only thing keeping it in second is the narrator. Because I don't like narration in trailers. Usually.
    • Blogger (duh!) - though, I wish I could learn to format my posts better because this one does not look the way I intended it to. (I couldn't figure out how to indent the above paragraphs.)
    • Ray LaMontagne, Rufus Wainwright, and David Cook (thanks CGGB for opening my eyes)
    • a nice little break from classes
    • an empty canvas and a variety of paints
    • the amount of rain Southern California has received in the past few months (I love rain)
    • tea! (btw, I cheated on my tea over the weekend and had two coffees - peppermint mocha frappuccinos with the red sprinkles, yay Holidays! - because we were shooting the film and I needed the extra caffeine. Let me tell you, my tea was not appreciative, nor was my stomach.)
    • Scrubs, Bones, The Office, and basically any other show that takes me out of my own world for a half-hour to an hour at a time. And for that matter, Hulu, for letting me watch them whenever, wherever. Oh, and TV on DVD.
    • Borders' pre-Thanksgiving sale. It's today, yo! So get yourself out there.
    • Black Friday sales
    • The drive down the 5 from LA to San Diego. (we didn't have oceans back in the mid-west ::shrug::)
    • Dean and Sam Winchester (sigh).
    • Failblog, distracting me from my everyday duties.
    • Purple
    • Carbs (or maybe I'm not. I dont know. I have a love/hate relationship with them.)
    • Stickynotes, they make my life so much easier.
    Finally, I just wanted to share this quote that my friend shared with me. It correlates with rant on chick-lit and chick flicks.

    "It's about time we confessed: we might love the great and the good, but we can also adore the cute and ridiculously bad, as long as the leading man is handsome or the story - no matter how cheesy - makes us laugh, makes us cry, or makes us hot."
    - Jo Berry and Angie Errigo, taken from Romantic Comedy: Boy Meets Girl Meets Genre by Tamar Jeffers McDonald

    0 comments:

     

    jo writes the blog Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos