News of the Day

posted by Jory on Wednesday, November 05, 2008
In the world: It’s Guy Fawkes Day! I know, it means pretty much nothing here. But whatever. I think it’s significant, and I wish I could be there sharing in the festivities. I love celebrations and it looks like fun. I posted signs around my workplace saying “Remember, remember the 5th of November…” I think people appreciated it...really, they did. This just goes to show how much I wish I lived in England...I really do.

In the Nation: We have a new president; the first African American president. Regardless of what you think of him, this is an historical moment.

And sadly, author Michael Crichton died today at the age of 66 after a battle with cancer. His death was unexpected and my heart goes out to his family and friends. I will always love him, because he brought me Jurassic Park, and opened my eyes to the wonders of dinosaurs at a very young age. Also Jeff Goldblum (Independence Day anyone?). Thank you Michael.

On the home front:  My NANOWRIMO word count is still at last night’s 1,020 because I haven’t had time to work on it yet today. (Stinkin’ homework). But,

“Big Boned” came in for me at the library today so I can look forward to reading it, more like devouring it, over the weekend.

I will be spending the weekend at my aunt’s house in San Diego to babysit “the boys” while the family attends a wedding up north. I am looking forward to taking some time away from campus to spend by myself doing whatever I want (i.e. writing my novel, reading Meg Cabot, and watching movies until my eyes hurt). Not to mention that I get to hang out with three of the coolest dogs EVER.
(Especially Louie, my good friend).

0 comments:

 

jo writes the blog Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos